Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Renée's raw vegan pesto spagetti recipe

The other night I went to a friends for dinner, I made a salad out of whatever I had on hand, and it was delicious. It had a a real pesto flavour that I didn't actually intend, which got me to thinking about the many raw vegan pesto pasta recipes, Ive read and tried, so I revisited the flavours I had put into the salad and came up with this raw pesto spaghetti. 

This recipe serves 1-2 depending on how hungry you are.

3 zucchini's spiralized to make noodles or "spagetti"
1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1/3 cup hemp seeds
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup raw cashew "parmesan" (recipe below)
olives and capers sliced, as many as you like
olive oil to taste
1 garlic clove crushed
sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1/4 red onion sliced and diced thinly
small handful of baby spinach sliced
juice from half a lemon
zest from half a lemon 

With the hands massage the olive oil, salt, crushed garlic, and lemon juice into the zuchinni spagetti, then add all other ingredients, and mix again with your hands, allow all the flavours to infuse before serving. 

Here's is my Raw vegan cashew 'Parmeson" recipe form my ebook "AWAKENING TO RAW" 


This dairy free living parmesan cheese substitute is so savory & satisfying.
Use it on pasta, lasagna, casseroles and salads.


1 cup raw cashew nuts 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast 1 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic


Instructions:

Combine ingredients in a food processor fitted with a
metal “S” blade. Pulse on and off until the mixture is finely
ground and even.
Transfer to a tightly lidded container and store in refrigerator for a few months. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...